HDPE sheet is popular for a variety of reasons and depending on who you ask: you'll often receive a number of different ideas to what the biggest benefit is. The most notable benefits of high density polyethylene sheet includes:
1. Weight: High density polyethylene is known for being extremely lightweight yet durable.
2. Malleability: High density polyethylene is easily molded and transformed into just about any shape or design.
3. Resistance: Not only does high density polyethylene sheet feature a high chemical and impact resistance, but it also is resistant to rotting, insects, mildew and mold.
4. Weatherability: High density polyethylene sheet is often used for outdoor applications as it can stand some of the most extreme weather.
5. Life-Span: Because high density polyethylene has such high impact, chemical, and weather resistance, HDPE can outlast traditional materials.
6. Durability: The durability of high density polyethylene while being lightweight is one of the things that contribute to its popularity. If you've ever dropped a child's plastic toy, you've likely experienced the durability of high density polyethylene, as high density polyethylene does not shatter, rather it 'bounces' back.
7. Sustainability: High density polyethylene sheeting is recyclable, which is why many recycled plastic products such as recycled plastic lumber and trash cans contain high density polyethylene.
These benefits and others include application-specific benefits all contribute to the success and popularity of the plastic material.